It’s Tuesday, March 3 and it’s Super Tuesday for the Democratic presidential nomination. Fourteen states – including our neighbor Virginia – and one U.S. territory will hold nominating contests today. Maryland’s presidential primary election is April 28. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council in Session: The Montgomery County Council meets this morning at 9:30 a.m. The Board of Health will brief the Council on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) at 2 p.m. Here’s a look at the full agenda for the meeting. Watch the coronavirus briefing at 2 p.m. streamed live below:
2. Department of Permitting Services Open House: The ePlans system has new upgrades and features which will be launched on March 9. DPS is holding two open houses, today and March 5, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. to train interested parties on the new features. The training runs continuously and participants can come in at any time during the open house. Training takes about 1 hour. The training is held at the DPS offices located at 255 Rockville Pike, 2nd floor, Rockville.
3. Housing for All: Montgomery Planning’s Big Ideas Series finishes tonight with a session on housing. The panel includes heather Worthington, Gwen Wright, and Stacy Spann. The panel will discuss how housing in the future can become more affordable, address climate change, promote diversity and make beautiful communities with a strong sense of place? The session may be viewed online at 6 p.m., here.
4. MCDOT Ride On Open House: Montgomery County Department of Transportation will present revised options on Ride On bus service along the US 29 (Colesville Rd/Columbia Pike) corridor. The open house will be held begin at 6:30 p.m. at Montgomery Blair High School, located at 51 University Blvd. E., Silver Spring.
5. National Consumer Protection Week: The Office of Consumer Protection will be visiting libraries in the county this week to provide information about scams, identity theft, debt collection, credit repair, buying a used car, immigration fraud and domestic worker law. Tonight, representatives will be at the Wheaton Library from 5 to 7 p.m.
And one more thing: Want to take a class at Montgomery Community Media? Come to our orientation tonight at 6:30 p.m. in Rockville to learn about what we have to offer. Sign up here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.