1. COVID-19 Testing: Montgomery County health officials urge all residents to get tested for COVID-19 and will provide free walk-in and drive-through testing at eight testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
2. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Everything Smartphones with Verizon” and “Hosting A Zoom Meeting.”
💻 Senior Planet Montgomery, a technology training program designed for County learners 60 and older, is offering free online classes this week that focus on how to thrive at home. Learn more: https://t.co/PfQmAw2Wz5. pic.twitter.com/IGx6xqjiDF
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) December 7, 2020
3. Free Food Distribution: Pick up free boxed groceries and meals from 1-3 p.m. at 31 Norwood Road in Silver Spring.
Tomorrow! A Grab and Go food distribution event is scheduled from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 9 at 31 Norwood Road in Silver Spring. https://t.co/kBt8SOy1de@NourishNow @MoCoFoodCouncil @311MC311 pic.twitter.com/8Pca2cPDeC
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) December 8, 2020
4. Committee Meeting: The Planning, Housing and Economic Development (PHED) committee meets at 9:30 a.m. See the agenda here.
5. Online Bike-Riding Class: The Washington Area Bicyclist Association is holding an online event at 5:30 p.m. called “How to: Riding Confidently in Traffic and on Trails.”
Don't miss @WABADC next online event "How to: Riding Confidently in Traffic and on Trails"
Wednesday, December 9, 2020, at 5:30 PM
They'll cover how to properly prepare for your ride, plan a route, and tips for biking during COVID
— mococommuter (@mococommuter) December 8, 2020
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.