It’s Thursday, Sept. 17, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available today in Germantown, Silver Spring, and White Oak. Click here for more details.
Free #COVID19 testing clinics are scheduled tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 17) in Germantown, Silver Spring and White Oak. Details ➡ https://t.co/qloetwrHpz. @MoCoDHHS pic.twitter.com/HOxftkRZeR
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) September 16, 2020
2. Resilient Montgomery County Listening Session: The County Executive’s office is hosting a listening Session today from 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in an effort to make sure communities that are most impacted by the effects of climate change, and the hazards of unsafe roadways are elevated as the next strategic plans are being built. Participants can join the Zoom Call using video or phone in. Click here to register.
3. Silver Spring Bike Lanes: New bike lanes are in the works between Georgia Avenue and Second Avenue in downtown Silver Spring. Be cautious of crews and lookout for temporary and permanent on-street parking changes.
Crews are laying out the new Cameron Street bike lanes between Georgia Avenue and Second Avenue in downtown Silver Spring.
If you're driving in the area, please use caution around our work crews and be on the lookout for temporary and permanent on-street parking changes. pic.twitter.com/lJWLpyZ8V8
— MCDOT Division of Transportation Engineering (@MoCo_DTE) September 16, 2020
4. Discover Montgomery Virtually: Montgomery Parks offers virtual hiking, biking, and running challenge designed to get you outdoors and explore the trails of Montgomery County. Click here for more details on how you can participate.
Explore a new trail each week during the Discover Montgomery virtual challenge!
And, let everyone know you’re a Discover Montgomery superstar!
Submit a photo of you on the trails to our Wall of Fame!: https://t.co/Cfa3Ndz3Ks.#DiscoverMoCoParks pic.twitter.com/lbazIDsJSN
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) September 16, 2020
5. Senior Planet: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to Senior residents. Today’s classes include “Chair Yoga” and “How to Use Zoom.”
Senior Planet Montgomery, a technology training program designed for County learners 60 and older, is offering free online classes this week that focus on how to thrive at home. Learn more: https://t.co/BsAGY3SGIe. pic.twitter.com/m8YdXRprnr
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) September 14, 2020
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.