It’s Monday, Sept. 21, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. COVID-19 Testing: Montgomery County is holding three free testing clinics today. Testing is available from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center and in Germantown at the parking garage behind the Regal Cinemas. And from 1 to 7 p.m., testing is available at the Silver Spring Civic Building. More information is available here.
2. Elrich Budget Forum: County Executive Marc Elrich will hold the second in a series of seven forums on the County’s operating budget for 2021 Monday at 7 p.m. The purpose of each forum is to present the budget process and priorities and give residents an opportunity to ask questions and express their opinions.
3. Municipal Monday: Gaithersburg’s Mayor and Council meet virtually at 7:30 p.m. Here’s the agenda and the work packet. The Rockville Mayor and Council meet virtually for a work session at 7 p.m. The agenda may be found here.
4. Community Candidates Forums: Candidates for the three school board races and the Judge of the Circuit Court race will participate in a virtual candidates forum starting at 6 p.m. The forums, co-hosted by Mt. Calvary Baptist Church and the Lincoln Park Historical Foundation, will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube.
5. Battling Election Disinformation: The League of Women Voters latest Trending Topics presentation features Bret Schafer from the Alliance for Securing Democracy. The virtual presentation takes place from 7 to 8 p.m. Registration is required, here. Submit questions by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.