Gaithersburg House Fire Causes Major Damages and Displaces Family

A family has been displaced after a house fire in Gaithersburg on Thursday evening. About 75 firefighters responded to the 9300 block of Severn Terrace around 7:00 p.m.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services officials say the one occupant who was home got out in time with a pet cat. There were no injuries reported. MCFRS believes the cause of the fire is accidental due to a malfunction with the fireplace. The fire did extend to the attic. Total damage costs are estimated at $250 thousand.

 

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Jordan Lindsay

About Jordan Lindsay

Jordan Lindsay is a Reporter for My MC Media. Let her help tell your story by emailing jlindsay@mymcmedia.org

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter