Kensington House Fire Displaces Family, Caused by Improperly Discarded Smoking Materials

A fire that fully engulfed a house in Kensington left a family displaced, and about in $1 million in damage.

Officials say it took about 75 firefighters to get the blaze under control on the 3600 block of Farragut Avenue near Lexington Street in Kensington on Wednesday around 11:45 p.m. When firefighters arrived, the family had gotten out safely. One firefighter had minor injuries.

Officials believe the fire started under the rear deck of the two story house, and was caused due to improperly discarded smoking materials.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Printer says one of the occupants of the home saw something and went to investigate outside near the rear deck of the house. That person then went to notify the rest of the people, and they all managed to get out safely.

Write a Comment

Related Articles