Man Injured in House Fire in Rockville

UPDATED Sept. 14 at 9:35 a.m.

A house fire on Rocking Horse Road in Rockville began in a sound-proof room in the basement and appeared to be caused by the malfunction of a CPU that overheated as it rested sideways on a table amidst outdated electrical equipment, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer.

Two adults were displaced and the amount of damage was estimated at $200,000, he said.


An adult male was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries in connection with a fire in Rockville early Tuesday morning.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services responded to a basement fire in a single family home in the 11700 block of Rocking Horse Road in Rockville.

Two occupants were evaluated by Emergency Medical Services.

Write a Comment

Related Articles