More Than $300K in Fire Damage at Chicken Basket Restaurant in Rockville

A fire in the kitchen area of the Chicken Basket restaurant on Norbeck Road in Rockville caused several businesses to close, according to Chief Spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Pete Piringer. There were no injuries.

Around 10 p.m. Monday, an automatic alarm called MCFRS to the scene, and firefighters saw smoke in multiple locations. They found a fire in the vent and duct work of the kitchen area at Chicken Basket. There was also smoke coming from The Big Greek Cafe on Norbeck Road.

The cause of the fire is accidental, and damages cost more than $300,000.

In April 2019, there was a fire at the Chicken Basket on North Summit Avenue in Gaithersburg. There were no injuries.

Previous post

Fire Damages Chicken Basket in Gaithersburg

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Maryam Shahzad

About Maryam Shahzad

Maryam is a reporter with Montgomery Community Media. She graduated from the University of Maryland in December with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. Previously, she was an intern with MCM. Maryam loves visual media and always says the movie is better than the book. She can be reached at mshahzad@mymcmedia.org or on Twitter @maryam_mcm.

Comments

| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter