fire

July 5, 2020 | Deirdre Byrne

Seven Months After Fire, Olney Ale House Still Planning to Reopen

The coronavirus isn’t going to stop the Olney Ale House from reopening. The Olney Ale House has been closed since December, after a kitchen fire caused damages estimated at $250,000. A week later, a sign was posted a message on its website thanking Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services and saying, “we expect to reopen […]

Read more

June 30, 2020 | Deirdre Byrne

UPDATE: Family Member Faces Arson Charges for White Oak Townhouse Fire

Update (7:45 p.m.): Pete Piringer tweeted Tuesday that an adult male has been arrested in connection to the White Oak townhouse fire. Piringer told MyMCMedia the man was related to the family that lived in the townhouse. The man faces charges for first degree arson, reckless endangerment, first degree malicious burning, and other charges are […]

Read more

April 23, 2020 | Jordan Lindsay

Firefighters Respond to Blaze at Burtonsville Home

It took about 65 firefighters to put out a blaze at a house in Burtonsville on Wednesday afternoon. Located on the 15600 block of Santini Road, the home was unoccupied at the time of the fire around 4:30 p.m. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer says there is a total of about […]

Read more

March 10, 2020 | Deirdre Byrne

Firefighters Contain Fast Spreading Bushfire in Montgomery Village

Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services, tweeted Tuesday that dozens of firefighters contained a bushfire that was 5 to 8 acres long along powerlines in Montgomery Village. At around 3:15 p.m., the bushfire was encroaching nearby houses in the area of Duffer Way and Hickory View Place in Montgomery Village, but […]

Read more

March 10, 2020 | Maryam Shahzad

More Than $300K in Fire Damage at Chicken Basket Restaurant in Rockville

A fire in the kitchen area of the Chicken Basket restaurant on Norbeck Road in Rockville caused several businesses to close, according to Chief Spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Pete Piringer. There were no injuries. ICYMI (~10p 3/10) 4700blk Norbeck Rd, kitchen fire, involved duct work; Cause, accidental; Damage >$300K; no […]

Read more

March 9, 2020 | Ryan Donovan

Controlled Burn Caused by Quantico Creates Smoky Haze Across County

A massive cloud of smoke fell over a Fairfax and Montgomery County Sunday morning. The cause of the smoke? A controlled forest burn organized by Quantico. In an effort to help improve the overall fire safety of the forest, Quantico officials conducted a back burn to help limit the chances of potential forest fires in […]

Read more

February 13, 2020 | Maryam Shahzad

Fire Performer Has Died After Significant Burns

The fire performer who was in critical condition after being burned in a shed fire has died, according to Montgomery County Police Department (MCPD) spokesperson Rebecca Innocenti. The woman’s identity has not been released. On Feb. 11 Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) responded to a Kensington fire on Summit Avenue and Glenrose Street. […]

Read more

February 11, 2020 | Maryam Shahzad

Fire Performer in Critical Condition After Kensington Shed Fire

Updated Feb. 12: Fire and Rescue Service Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer tweeted that it’s probable the fire performer was dousing, or was about to douse, her baton with kerosene and it caught on fire and caught her clothing on fire.  Updated Feb. 13: Here’s MyMCMedia’s latest update on this story: Fire Performer Has Died After Significant […]

Read more

January 15, 2020 | Michelle Queen

Kensington Family Displaced After House Fire

A family of four – two adults and two children –  has been displaced from their home in Kensington after a fire on Tuesday, according to Pete Piringer, the spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue. Piringer said on Twitter that the fire originated in the basement and extended into the second floor and attic […]

Read more

January 14, 2020 | Maryam Shahzad

Electrical Fire at Sandy Spring Museum Causes $50,000 in Damage

The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS)‌ responded to a fire in the attic of the Sandy Spring Museum Monday night. An automatic fire alarm called MCFRS around 7 p.m. (~7p 1/13) Bentley Rd & Rt108, Sandy Spring Museum, automatic alarm, @mcfrs FFs encounter smoke in bldg, locate fire in hallway/breezeway/ceiling, likely cause electrical […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter