With COVID-19 turning internet knowledge into a necessity, Senior Planet Montgomery is offering online technology classes for residents sixty and older. These courses are free and will focus on topics such as Google Maps, accessing online library resources and using messaging apps.
“Sessions concentrate on user-friendly tools and resources and are designed to enable older adults to learn to utilize technologies to improve their daily lives,” according to a Montgomery County Government press release.
The classes are using a curriculum created by OATS (Older Adults Technology Services) and will continue from June 23 to 29. The dates and times of specific classes are below:
- Utilizing the Library Online: Tuesday, June 23 from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Good Morning Montgomery County: Wednesday, June 24 from 11 a.m. to noon.
- Explore with Google Maps: Wednesday, June 24 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Creative Writing Workshop: Thursday, June 25 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Messaging Apps: Thursday, June 25 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Internet of Things – Wearables: Monday, June 29 from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
More information on these classes, their Spanish versions, and how to join them can be found on the Senior Planet Website.