burn

June 28, 2017 | Staff Writer

Townhouse Fire Displaces Rockville Residents (PHOTOS)

About 40 firefighters battled a townhouse fire on Newton Drive in Rockville on Wednesday afternoon. The fire displaced two residents, a Montgomery County official said. According to Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson Pete Piringer, the accidental fire was ignited by the spontaneous combustion of some oily rags that were left on the patio. One of […]

Read more

July 7, 2015 | Krista Brick

Fire at a Bethesda Home

Firefighters are battling a blaze on Howell Road in Bethesda this morning. According to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer, the fire originated in the basement of the home that is still under construction. One man is suffering burns to the arms and face from the blaze, he said. Piringer wrote the fire caused an estimated […]

Read more

May 24, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Possible Electrocution in Chevy Chase

Montgomery County firefighters and emergency medics were called to the scene of what a fire official described as a “possible electrocution” in Chevy Chase shortly around 7 p.m. on May 24. On his Twitter account, Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer reported that emergency medical crews evaluated three patients for electric shock in the 200 […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter