carbon monoxide

April 24, 2019 | Ashley Profitt

Rockville City Ordinance Will Require Carbon Monoxide Detectors by July 1

The City of Rockville announced in January that they will now require all single-unit, two-unit and townhouse residences with fuel-burning appliances or attached garages built before Jan. 1, 2008, to install carbon monoxide detectors by July 1. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that can cause injury or death. The Rockville Senior […]

Read more

March 30, 2018 | Staff Writer

New Law Requires Carbon Monoxide Alarms for Rental-Dwelling Units

A law passed in 2016 by Maryland’s General Assembly will require carbon monoxide (CO) detectors in the immediate vicinity of sleeping areas in rental dwelling units starting April 1 of this year. The previous law only required an alarm to be installed in a central location outside of each sleeping area within a dwelling unit […]

Read more

February 15, 2018 | Staff Writer

10 Evaluated for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Damascus

Fire crews were called to Damascus on Thursday night and 10 people were evaluated for carbon monoxide, according to the Twitter feed of Pete Piringer, the Montgomery County Fire and Rescue spokesman. Here’s the story based on his tweets: Update – Damascus HazMat & MCI EMS evaluated 10 patients, 8 ok & refused transport, 2 […]

Read more

August 3, 2017 | Douglas Tallman

Montgomery’s Ford Explorers Have Cracked Manifolds

Across the country, police agencies are becoming concerned that officers, who drive Ford Explorers, are becoming ill from carbon monoxide poisoning. In Montgomery County, the Department of General Services has been monitoring the Explorers since January, said David Dise, the department’s director. Of the 108 Explorers the county operates, 60 to 80 percent have cracked […]

Read more

January 4, 2017 | Sonya Burke

Paramedics Transport Six Workers for Exposure to Carbon Monoxide in Rockville

Six workers were treated for exposure to carbon monoxide today in Rockville, according to a Montgomery County fire spokesperson. Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said it happened shortly before noon at 804 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. That’s where he said some large commercial ovens were fired up in a space that was being renovated […]

Read more

November 21, 2016 | Staff Writer

Be Careful When Cooking This Thanksgiving (VIDEO)

Kitchen fires occur more frequently during the holiday season. Montgomery County Fire Captain Oscar Garcia said it is important to avoid unattended cooking when entertaining this holiday season. Visit our PEG partner County Cable Montgomery to view more of its local programming. Thinking of frying your #Thanksgiving #turkey? We urge you to watch this video! […]

Read more

July 27, 2016 | Maureen Chowdhury

Fire and Rescue Crews Transport Five Rockville Residents for Carbon Monoxide Exposure (PHOTOS)

Montgomery County fire and rescue crews transported five residents from their Rockville area home, located on the 1000 block of Gaither Road, early Wednesday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide. According to Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Daniel Ogren, residents woke to a “strange odor” and found their car running in the garage. The car had been […]

Read more

March 28, 2016 | Maureen Chowdhury

Fire and Rescue Transport Family of Seven for Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Layhill Area

Montgomery County fire and rescue crews transported a family of seven from their Layhill area home, at 12 Wimbledon Court, early Monday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. The family was using a charcoal grill to heat […]

Read more

January 21, 2016 | Staff Writer

photo of ambulance

Paramedics Transport Gaithersburg Man With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Montgomery County paramedics transported a man to the hospital on Wednesday night after he was found suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to a county fire official. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the unconscious man was discovered inside a Gaithersburg townhouse on Earth Star Court. Piringer credited a roommate for reacting quickly to […]

Read more

December 27, 2015 | Staff Writer

WSSC Reminds Customers with Gas Appliances

WSSC reminds customers with gas appliances to have them inspected and regularly maintained. Carbon monoxide can escape into the home if gas appliances are not functioning correctly. Furnaces and hot water heaters that are powered by natural gas are vented into the home’s chimney, making it essential to keep the systems cleaned and maintained. Carbon monoxide […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter