It’s Tuesday, January 18, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
- Montgomery County Council Session: Council Members meet today starting at 9:00 a.m.
View agenda and staff report here.
Public Hearing Notice on Montgomery County Board of Health Regulation to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 in the County-Vaccination Requirements to Enter Bars, Restaurants, Fitness Centers and Other Covered Establishments 📰 https://t.co/bQ98g3XRtq pic.twitter.com/an0TzKg9FH
— Montgomery Council (@MoCoCouncilMD) January 13, 2022
Future Public Hearings: To testify at a Council Public Hearing, please sign up online at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/phsignup.html, or call 240-777-7803.
The Council meeting is conducted remotely via Zoom and will be televised live on County Cable Montgomery (Xfinity channels 6 and 996, RCN channels 6 and 1056; and FiOS channel 30). The meeting is also available live via streaming through the Council website at http://tinyurl.com/z9982v8, Facebook Live (@MontgomeryCountyMdCouncil or @ConcejodelCondadodeMontgomery), or YouTube (@MoCoCouncilMD).
2. Montgomery County Board of Education: Operating Budget Hearing at 6:00 p.m.
The FY 2023 Operating Budget hearings on Jan. 10 and 18, 2022, will be open to the public. Space is limited. Advance seating reservations will be accepted and can be made online. https://t.co/xHR1ddlwOf
— Moco BOE (@mocoboe) January 5, 2022
To register online click here . The hearings will be held in person and open to the public with limited capacity. The Board also will continue to accept pre-recorded audio and video submissions for individuals who wish to remain virtual. Individuals who wish to provide public comments must register using the online registration form.
Meetings are webcast live here.
Meetings are broadcast live on Comcast Channel 34 , Verizon FIOS Channel 36, and RCN Channel 89. Meetings are rebroadcast at 1 p.m. on the Saturday and Sunday following the meeting.
3. Martin Luther King Jr.: The Week of Service was created to offer county residents of all ages an opportunity to honor the life and teachings of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by participating in service projects that assist others in the community.
4. Food Distributions: Up-County Food Distribution at Germantown Elementary School 19110 Liberty Mill Rd, Germantown, MD 20874 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Also, Hughes UMC Mid County Hub Food Distributions from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 10700 Georgia Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20902. For more information click here.
5. Rapid Covid-19 Test Kits: Montgomery County residents can pick up free, rapid at-home COVID-19 test kits at 19 Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL). The iHealth COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test kits are available on a first-come, first-served basis until supplies run out. Residents can receive a maximum of two test kits per person (each containing two tests) per visit.
Click here for the list of libraries and schedules.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) January 14, 2022
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.