Early Voting Numbers (Photos)
A total of 77,939 voters, or 12.65% of the county’s registered voters, cast ballots at five early voting centers in Montgomery County, according to the Board of Elections (BOE) office.
Early voting began on Oct. 27 and ended at 9 p.m. on Nov. 2.
Hurricane Sandy disrupted early voting for two days (Oct. 29 and Oct. 30) and the original timeline was extended by Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley with longer hours and an extra day of voting.
“The busiest center has been Germantown,” said Marjorie Rohrer, BOE spokesperson.
In fact, the number of voters casting ballots early is up significantly in Montgomery County this year compared to 2010 when, Rohrer said, 26,000 people voted early.
There were long lines throughout the early voting period, especially in Germantown and Silver Spring.
- Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center, 14625 Bauer Drive, Rockville 20853
- Germantown Recreation Center, 18905 Kingsview Road, Germantown 20874
- Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center, 14906 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville 20866
- Montgomery County Executive Office Building, 101 Monroe Street, Rockville 20850
- Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veteran’s Plaza, Silver Spring 20910
Now, BOE staff is gearing up for Nov. 6 or Election Day. Voters are encouraged to visit the BOE’s website – www.777vote.org – for additional information about the Nov. 6 election including election results.