1. Business Briefing: Council President Sidney Katz hosts the ninth in a series of business briefings at 12:30 p.m. Los Chorros restaurant owner Omar Lazo and Tusculum Farm’s Trish Schechtman join Katz for the zoom based briefing. The briefing will focus on how businesses are navigating the reopening of the County’s economy. Email Councilmember.Katz@montgomerycountymd.gov to register for the zoom meeting and submit questions.
2. Gaithersburg’s Farmers Market Reopens: The Main Street Farmers Market in Gaithersburg opens Saturday, July 12 from 9 a.m. to noon. There will be some coronavirus safety measures in place — face masks must be worn at all times, social distancing will be enforced, and while it is tempting, “shop only with your eyes.” Online pre-orders and delivery are in use.
3. Food Drive: The Montgomery County Police Department, MCPAW and Manna Food Center are holding a food drive for non-perishable food items as well as dog and cat food Saturday, July 11 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Gaithersburg High School, 101 Education Blvd.
4. All Aboard: The MARC commuter train service resumes the regular weekday and weekend schedule Monday, July 13.
5. MCM Youth Summer Camp: Montgomery Community Media (MCM) will offer four one-week virtual camps for youth ages 12 and up. The Podcasting Camp will be offered the week of July 13th and the week of July 27. The Smartphone Video Production Camp will be offered the week of July 20 and the week of August 3. Find the camp flyer here and more information about the virtual experience here.
Do you know a kid who could be the next big podcaster? Have them sign up for one week-long virtual youth podcasting camps:
🎙️ MCM Virtual Youth Camp: Podcasting (Starts July 13)
🎙️ MCM Virtual Youth Camp: Podcasting (Starts July 27)
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) July 9, 2020
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.