Five Things to Know Today, Jan. 8, in Montgomery County
1. You are going to want to bundle up in layers today, and don’t forget your hat and gloves. It’s dangerously cold outside and the National Weather Service has issued a wind chill advisory for Montgomery County.
2. Officers with the Montgomery County Police Department are also reminding residents to protect their pets from the extreme cold.
3. The Burtsonville Volunteer Fire Department is using a new video to recruit new members.
4. A judge has signed an order declaring Catherine Hoggle incompetent to stand trial.
5. It’s been one month today since a small plane crashed into a Gaithersburg neighborhood killing six people. MyMCMedia‘s Krista Brick talked to Ken Gemmell, who lost his wife and two sons in that crash, and filed this report today.
All MCPS schools and office will open on time today (Jan. 8).
— MCPS (@MCPS) January 8, 2015