Five Things to Know Today, Nov. 9, in Montgomery County
1. Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot wants to end the alcohol monopoly in Montgomery County and he wants to do it by July 1.
2. Newly elected Gaithersburg leaders will be sworn in at a ceremony at City Hall tonight.
3. Montgomery County’s Board of Education (BOE) will hold the first of two public hearings tonight on the superintendent’s recommended CIP and all the speaking slots are full.
4. You have one more day to get your tickets for the Styx benefit concert at the Music Center at Strathmore tomorrow night.
5. Fall leaf collection begins today in Montgomery County.
A few more things happening today:
- For the first time, the Board of Directors of the Economic Development Corp. meets today.
- A delegation from Montgomery County is in El Salvador this week as part of a Sister City trip.
- Several elected leaders from across Maryland will be in Annapolis today to ask Governor Larry Hogan to release GCEI funds.