It’s Wednesday, Dec. 1 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. World AIDS Day: Today is World AIDS Day and from 5-7 p.m. Montgomery County will host a vigil at the Dennis Avenue Health Center in Silver Spring as well as an open house where attendees can get tested for HIV and tour clinics. Register here.
On Dec. 1, MoCo will host a #WorldAIDSDay vigil and open house at the Dennis Avenue Health Center. Join us to tour the county’s HIV & STI clinics, meet staff & community partners, get tested, & see MoCo sections of the AIDS Memorial Quilt. Register at https://t.co/aUNL41DEQn.
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) November 23, 2021
2. Weekly Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich and health leaders will hold their media briefing at 12:30 p.m. Residents can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
📣 @MontCoExec Marc Elrich will provide #COVID19 updates at his weekly media briefing tomorrow (Wednesday, Dec. 1).
📺 Watch live at 12:30 p.m. on Facebook and @CountyCableMoCo.
💻 For more info ➡ https://t.co/olne0hJYRl pic.twitter.com/ho7OYcKHqQ
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) December 1, 2021
3. Drive-Thru Food Distribution: Stop by South Lake Elementary School in Montgomery Village from 1-2:30 p.m. to receive boxed groceries in your car.
DRIVE-THRU FOOD DISTRIBUTION: TOMORROW, Wed. 12/1 from 1pm-2:30pm at South Lake Elementary School in Gaithersburg, MD organized by Upcounty Consolidation Hub and @BlackRockCenter Please see the flyer for more information! pic.twitter.com/lPMFLbB7hm
— Asian American Health Initiative (AAHI) (@AAHI_Info) November 30, 2021
4. Libraries: Montgomery County Public Libraries offers virtual and in-person programming today. See the schedule of events here.
5. Senior Planet: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “How to Spot Fake News” and “Fitness Apps.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.