Today is Wednesday, Feb. 3, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. State of the State: At 7 p.m., Gov. Larry Hogan will virtually-deliver his seventh State of the State address. It will be livestreamed via Hogan’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube pages, and broadcast on Maryland Public Television.
I will deliver my seventh State of the State address virtually on Wednesday, February 3 at 7 PM.
I invite all Marylanders to join me to reflect on the unprecedented challenges we have confronted together over the last year, and the opportunities for recovery that lie ahead. pic.twitter.com/PSmeqZqOHQ
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) February 1, 2021
2. Weekly County COVID-19 Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich, County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles and Emergency Management Director Dr. Earl Stoddard will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook and YouTube channels.
3. Hypothermia Alert: A Hypothermia Alert will be in effect in Montgomery County until 11 a.m. today. The alert is issued when temperatures/wind chill is forecasted to be 32 degrees or lower.
A Hypothermia Alert has been issued for Montgomery County from 5:00 pm tonight to 11:00 am Wed, 2/3. A Hypothermia Alert is issued when temperatures and/or wind chill are expected to be at or below 32 degrees. More info: https://t.co/EH1rVeZnzO #MdWx pic.twitter.com/lLyGoe6PF6
— MC Emergency Mgmt (@ReadyMontgomery) February 2, 2021
4. Virtual Library Tour: At 4 p.m., Councilmember Will Jawando will host a virtual tour of Little Falls Library in Bethesda. Residents can register here.
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) February 2, 2021
5. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
Throughout Black History Month, MyMCM will profile Montgomery County residents who have made significant contributions.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.