Today is Friday, March 11 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Early Release Day: Today is an early release day for Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
2. NIH Mobile Tour Visits White Oak: The National Institutes of Health’s mobile educational ‘All of Us’ exhibit will be at the White Oak Community Center today from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. MyMCM spoke with NIH about the purpose of the exhibit earlier this week.
3. Vaccine Clinics: The county is holding two school-based clinics this weekend for pediatric second COVID-19 vaccine and booster shots. The first is at Wheaton High School on Saturday, March 12 and then at Gaithersburg Middle School on Sunday, March 13. Appointments are recommended.
4. Gaithersburg St. Patrick’s Day Parade: This annual tradition is scheduled to take place Saturday, March 12 at 10 a.m. rain or shine. But, given the weather forecast for rain and snow, you might want to check Gaithersburg’s website for any announcements or call the inclement weather line at 240.805.1148 before heading out.
5. Summer Camp Fair: The recreation department is holding a fair Sunday to help parents plan their children’s summers. The event takes place Sunday, March 13 from noon-3 p.m. at the White Oak Community Recreation Center at 1700 April Lane in Silver Spring.
And one more thing: Daylight Saving Time starts Sunday morning at 2 a.m. so don’t forget to set your clocks one hour later Saturday night before going to sleep.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.