It’s Wednesday, March 22, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Antisemitism Panel Discussion: At 7 p.m., County Executive Marc Elrich and other leaders will join a panel discussion about antisemitism with the County Committee Against Hate/Violence. The event is in-person at the County Executive Office Building in Rockville and will be livestreamed on Facebook, per a release.
2. Birding in Maryland: At 11 a.m., Montgomery Parks will hold a virtual speaker session on birding in Maryland featuring Gabriel Foley.
Join Montgomery Parks for our next speaker series session on birding in Maryland on March 22 and 11 am. Learn about where and when birds are nesting and changes in bird populations. Register: https://t.co/0oGzxVftjo pic.twitter.com/l9EqvZl5e2
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) March 13, 2023
3. Food Resources: See food giveaway events today in Montgomery County.
4. Libraries: Check out programs offered today with Montgomery County Public Libraries.
5. ICYMI: Residents still will have to endure the noise of gas-powered leaf blowers at least a little longer now that county councilmembers voted to table a proposed ban on gas-powered leaf blowers.
And One More Thing: Residents are encouraged to stay current on changing weather conditions by signing up for ‘Alert Montgomery.’
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.