The Montgomery County government will be following a holiday schedule for Friday, Dec. 24 and Saturday, Dec. 25 next week. Here’s a breakdown of what will be open and closed for Christmas.
Closed on Dec. 24 or 25:
- County offices
- State offices and courts
- Alcohol Beverage Services stores closed on Dec. 25
- Ride on extRa and Flex
- TRiPS Silver Spring commuter store
- TRiPS mobile commuter store
- Shady Grover Transfer Station and Recycling Center closed on Dec. 25
- Community centers, senior centers and administrative offices closed on Dec. 24-26
- Brookside Gardens Garden of Light
- Meadowside Nature Center closed for renovation work.
- Brookside Nature Center closed for renovation work.
- Locust Grove Nature Center closed Dec. 24-Jan. 1.
- Black Hill Visitor Center
- Montgomery Parks’ Headquarters, Customer Service and Permit Offices
- Brookside Gardens Visitors Center
Open on Dec. 24 or 25:
- Alcohol Beverage Services Stores open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Dec. 24. only
- Ride-On on Dec. 24 will operate on a Sunday schedule and on Dec. 25 will operate on a Saturday schedule.
- Flash on Dec. 24 and 25 will operate on a weekend schedule (Orange Line only).
- Parking at public garages, lots, curbside meters is free on both days
- County-collected trash and recycling will continue as normal
- Shady Grover Transfer Station and Recycling Center will be open on Dec. 24
- Aquatic facilities close at 3 p.m. on Dec. 24
- Cabin John Ice Rink, Wheaton Ice Arena, Pauline Bentz Addie Tennis Center, Wheaton Indoor Tennis, Wheaton Sports Pavilion, and South Germantown Driving Range will close at 3 p.m. on Dec. 24
- The open parkways initiative will be extended during the upcoming holiday weeks.
- Open to pedestrians and cyclists from 9 a.m. on Dec. 23 through 4 p.m. on Dec. 26: Sligo Creek Parkway, Old Carroll Avenue to Piney Branch Road, Forest Glen Road to University Boulevard West, and Beach Drive from Connecticut Avenue to Knowles Avenue.
- Open to pedestrians and cyclists from 7 a.m. on Dec. 23 through 4 p.m. on Dec. 26: Little Falls Parkway from River Road to Arlington Road.