Electrical Fire at Sandy Spring Museum Causes $50,000 in Damage

The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS)‌ responded to a fire in the attic of the Sandy Spring Museum Monday night. An automatic fire alarm called MCFRS around 7 p.m.

Chief Spokesperson for the MCFRS Pete Piringer told WDVM-TV‌ that the fire seemed to be caused by “an overheated malfunctioning ceiling fan.” He said there was “pretty good” burning in the building.

The fire caused about $50,000 in structural damage. No artifacts were damaged and no one was injured.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Maryam Shahzad

About Maryam Shahzad

Maryam is a reporter with Montgomery Community Media. She graduated from the University of Maryland in December with a bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism. Previously, she was an intern with MCM. Maryam loves visual media and always says the movie is better than the book. She can be reached at mshahzad@mymcmedia.org or on Twitter @maryam_mcm.

Comments

| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter