electrical fire

March 6, 2021 | Halle Grossett

Electrical Malfunction Causes Fire in Silver Spring

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) responded to a fire involving multiple wooden sheds Saturday morning in Silver Spring. The fire broke out at 802 Malcolm Drive towards the rear of the home where several sheds were enclosed. The fire extended to wooden fencing of a neighboring home where the residence sustained minor exterior […]

Read more

January 14, 2020 | Maryam Shahzad

Electrical Fire at Sandy Spring Museum Causes $50,000 in Damage

The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS)‌ responded to a fire in the attic of the Sandy Spring Museum Monday night. An automatic fire alarm called MCFRS around 7 p.m. (~7p 1/13) Bentley Rd & Rt108, Sandy Spring Museum, automatic alarm, @mcfrs FFs encounter smoke in bldg, locate fire in hallway/breezeway/ceiling, likely cause electrical […]

Read more

November 5, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Electrical Fire at Silver Spring House Displaces Family

A family has been displaced due to a fire at their two level house in Veirs Mill Village, located in the 2900 block of Minden Road in Silver Spring. Pete Piringer, the spokesperson of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service, tweeted that around 60 firefighters were dispatched to the scene before 9 a.m. on Tuesday. […]

Read more

May 9, 2019 | Deirdre Byrne

Electrical Fire Displaces Gaithersburg Family

An electrical fire spread to the inside of a house on the 19000 block of Quail Valley Boulevard in Gaithersburg. According to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Services, all occupants of the house were outside when the fire spread. Piringer said that firefighters were able to contain the fire, and eventually […]

Read more

November 9, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Electrical Fire on Bayridge Terrace Displaces Residents in Gaithersburg (PHOTOS)

Some townhouse residents were displaced by an electrical fire at 914 Bayridge Terrace in Gaithersburg on a cold Monday morning, according to a Montgomery County fire official. Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire started in an outside electrical light fixture. He said the blaze caused an estimated $225,000 in damages at […]

Read more

January 30, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Glen Echo Park Fire (PHOTOS)

UPDATED Montgomery County firefighters say an electrical fire sparked a blaze at Glen Echo Park around 3 a.m. on Friday. Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said there was heavy smoke showing when the first units arrived on scene overnight. According to Piringer, sprinklers controlled the fire in an art studio, classroom and jewelry […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter