County Executive Marc Elrich is holding a series of budget forums on the county’s next operating budget – Fiscal Year 23. Residents are invited to attend the forums in person or view them virtually via the internet.
The purpose of the forums is to gather input from residents about their priorities for the next fiscal year. “Community and resident involvement is essential to the process of developing a budget that reflects our values and goals,” said County Executive Elrich in a statement announcing the forums.
The first step in the county budget process is the responsibility of the County Executive. Elrich submits a recommended budget to the County Council by March 15. Then the Council has two months to adopt a final budget by late May. The Fiscal Year 23 operating budget will go into effect on July 1, 2022.
The FY23 budget forums will be held:
- Tuesday, Oct. 5 at 7 p.m. – Bethesda-Chevy Chase Regional Services Center, 4805 Edgemoor Lane, Wisconsin D Room, Bethesda.
Join the forum virtually at Budget Forum – Bethesda 10/5 7-8:30 PM Viewer Link.
- Wednesday, Oct. 6 at 7 p.m. – Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place, Silver Spring.
Join the forum virtually at Budget Forum – Silver Spring 10/6 7-8:30 PM Viewer Link.
- Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m. – White Oak Community Recreation Center, 1700 April Lane, Silver Spring.
Join the forum virtually at Budget Forum – East County 10/13 7-8:30 PM Viewer Link.
- Monday, Oct. 18 at 7 p.m. – BlackRock Center for the Arts, 12901 Town Commons Drive, Germantown.
Join the forum virtually at Budget Forum – Up County 10/18 7-8:30 PM Viewer Link.
- Tuesday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. – Mid-County Regional Services Center, 2424 Reedie Drive, Park and Planning Board Room, Wheaton.
Join the forum virtually at Budget Forum – Mid-County 10/19 7-8:30 PM Viewer Link.
The forums will be streamed live on the County’s Facebook page. County residents can view the meeting live on County Cable Montgomery on Comcast Channel 6 or 996 HD; RCN Channel 6 or 1056 HD; or Verizon Channel 30.
🌞 Good morning!
📣 @MontCoExec Marc Elrich & the County’s regional services centers will host 5 hybrid forums this month to seek your input on the Fiscal Year 2023 Operating Budget. The first forum is tomorrow!
📰 ➡ https://t.co/DcqKDikfOv.#MoCoBudget23 #Bethesda #ChevyChase pic.twitter.com/u0qrrnYJB7
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) October 4, 2021