July is here! Yes, we’re serious, even though it is International Joke Day.
1. Minimum Wage Increase: The minimum wage in Montgomery County increases today to $14 for large employers, $13.25 for mid-sized employers and $13 for small employers.
Please see updated minimum wage graphic. The minimum wage will rise in the County on July 1. Signed into legislation on 11/17/2017, Bill 28-17 raises the minimum wage incrementally, each July 1, until it reaches $15 per hour in 2022. Read more at https://t.co/39AGR6Ku9u pic.twitter.com/WuSzgQqx5I
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) June 29, 2020
2. Planning Commission Meeting: The City of Gaithersburg Planning Commission meets tonight at 7:30 p.m.
Join us virtually for tmrw's Planning Commission meeting at 7:30 p
📋Review agenda: https://t.co/UrPmZPVqQO
💻Ways to watch & listen: https://t.co/wVXigeoB4g
📧Public comment: email@example.com
➡️To speak during the meeting, register at https://t.co/wVXigeoB4g pic.twitter.com/8GCuvuBt73
— City of Gaithersburg (@GburgMD) June 30, 2020
3. Virtual Summer Programs and Classes: Registration is open for virtual summer programs and classes with Montgomery County Recreation! Classes begin next week.
📣Registration is open for @MoCoRec's summer virtual programs and classes. Virtual programs begin next week and include arts classes, sports, dance, exercise and wellness activities and more. Take a look: ➡https://t.co/MehkbCGLyL. For more info: ➡ https://t.co/hx2jPixqnP. pic.twitter.com/1OLqwWYKOi
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) June 30, 2020
4. Food Distribution: Grab-n-go meals are available from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the Grosvenor Square Apartments in Gaithersburg.
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include Telemedicine and YouTube.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.