1. It’s National Get Smart About Credit Day: National Get Smart About Credit Day on the third Thursday in October annually promotes learning about good credit. It is a national campaign where volunteer bankers help counsel young people on responsible credit habits. Click here for more information.
2. Looking to celebrate Oktoberfest? Here’s a look at some of the most popular events in Montgomery County.
Looking to celebrate Oktoberfest? 🍻 Here's a look at some of the most popular events in Montgomery County. 🎃🍺https://t.co/t0NmqDAAex
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) October 17, 2019
3. 2020 Census Ambassador Training: The U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting thousands of people across the country to assist with the 2020 Census count. This training will take place at 12900 Middlebrook Road in Germantown from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Click here to sign up online.
4. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month: The National Domestic Violence Hotline offers resources. Click here for more information.
We're here – 24/7/365.
Call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
Chat at https://t.co/FoM2QxLNyv
If you have concerns about your relationship, reach out today. We're completely free and confidential. https://t.co/L3VJsdpe0K
— National Domestic Violence Hotline (@ndvh) October 15, 2019
5. Integral Tai Chi: A series of exercises, relaxation techniques and meditation that combine Yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong, into a self-healing system that integrates body, mind and spirit. This will be held at the Long Branch Library in Silver Spring at 2:30 p.m. All Tai Chi classes are free and open to the public. Click here fore more information.