Here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Nuts & Bolts of Starting a Business: Maryland Small Business Development Center is hosting a workshop, “Ready, Set, Go: Nuts & Bolts of Starting a Business,” from 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the White Oak Library. Registration is free.
2. Cakes with Cops: Montgomery County police officers will be speaking with community members at Nothing Bundt Cakes, located on Darnestown Road, in Gaithersburg. Stop by between 1 to 3 p.m. for meaningful dialogue and delicious desert. Here’s more information.
3. Bagels with Bridget: Olney Swim Center supervisor Bridget Gallagher is speaking to Olney pool-goers about how aquatics can be improved from 9 to 10 a.m. Stop by the event for bagels.
4. Hailing Cesar: The documentary “Hailing Cesar” is screening free at Montgomery College Cultural Arts Center in Silver Spring. In the film, Eduardo Chavez follows a journey to learn about his connection to his grandfather, César Chávez. Register for the event here.
5. Kensington Historical Society Meets: Kensington Historical Society meets tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. at Kensington Town Hall, located at 3710 Mitchell Street (lower level). Jamie F. Kuhns, author of “Sharp Flashes of Lightning Come from Black Clouds: The Life of Josiah Henson,” will be speaking at the event. Here’s more information.