Mostly sunny today. Check out the weather forecast. Here are five things to know in Montgomery County for Sept 20.
1. Parking Day: Thirty-six metered parking spaces will be transformed today into park-like spots in Bethesda and Silver Spring.
2. Immunization Clinics: Maryland requires youth in grades 7 through 12 to be vaccinated for tetanus, Diphtheria, pertussis and meningococcal meningitis. Students who do not show proof of one Tdap and meningococcal vaccination will not be able to attend school starting Monday, Sept. 23. Montgomery County is holding a clinic Friday at the School Health Services Center in Rockville. Find the schedule and details, here.
3. PechaKucha Volume 16 The Future is Now: Volume 16 is all about the future and features speakers who are 20 or younger who will share their perspectives and views on the future tonight from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at the Silver Spring Civic Building.
4. Kensington 8K: Hundreds of Montgomery County residents will race through the streets of Kensington Saturday to reach the finish line. For 26 years, the Kensington 8K Race has been a favorite DC area event where parents and kids line up to cheer each other on and welcome the visitors running the streets of their town. Find more info about this years race at kensington8k.org.
5. Eroica Trio: The National Philharmonic season kicks off with a tribute to Beethoven on the eve of his 250th birthday. The Grammy-nominated Eroica Trio perform on Saturday, Sept. 21, at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Sept. 22, at 3 p.m. at The Music Center at Strathmore.