1. It’s National Read a Book Day! National Read a Book Day is the perfect opportunity to make some time in your life to read. Click here to see where your nearest public library is.
2. Gaithersburg City Elections Update: Absentee Ballot Applications for the city of Gaithersburg will be released today and will be available at City Hall during normal business hours, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Click here for more information.
3. Smoking Cessation Program Support Group: This is a FREE, 4 week class series geared around the American Cancer Society’s Freshstart program which uses self-help techniques to help smokers quit. The program provides support, education, strategies for quitting and alternatives for healthy lifestyle choices. This will take place from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Medstar Montgomery Medical Center in Olney. Click here for more information.
4. Morning Zumba in the Park: Beat the summertime heat and join Montgomery Parks’ Activation Team for some morning Zumba in the park from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at Argyle Local Park [ 1030 Forest Glen Road in Silver Spring] . Click here for more details.
Stretch, move, and sweat with us at Morning Zumba® in the Park Friday, 9:30 am, at Argyle Local Park, 1030 Forest Glen Road, in Silver Spring.
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) September 5, 2019
5. Movie in the Park: Join Kensington Park Senior Living on the lawn for a free screening of The Sandlot from 7:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. Bring a blanket or a chair. Popcorn and refreshments will be provided. Click here for more details.
One more thing, there’s a Pooch Pool Party tomorrow [September 7] at the Sergeant Hector I. Ayala Wheaton-Glenmont Outdoor Pool in Wheaton from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Written proof of current rabies vaccination is required for admission. Rabies tag not accepted. Click here to register – the cost is $10.00 per dog.