1. State Press Conference: Maryland Governor Larry Hogan is holding a press conference today at 5:00 p.m. to provide an update on the state’s COVID-19 vaccination plan. View it here on YouTube.
2. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today. Click here to view the schedule of clinics.
3. Christmas Tree Disposal: If you still have your ‘live cut’ Christmas tree up, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services officials recommend that you dispose of it sooner rather than later. See the Tweet below for more details on how to do so.
Get it out! DYK Your ‘live cut’ Christmas tree has an expiration date? Yep, they tend to dry out @MontgomeryCoMD So @mcfrs FFs suggest you check the date & get it out of the house ASAP – SEE How to Recycle/Dispose of Christmas Trees & Light Strings https://t.co/x2UK2Mh3QV pic.twitter.com/oocLPgqIvB
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) January 13, 2021
4. Food Resources: There are two food distribution events happening today in Montgomery County. Click here to see locations and additional resources.
Do you need food assistance? Visit the County's website for information about upcoming food distribution events, food resources and more.
👉 https://t.co/kjQbxFkxYD @MoCoFoodCouncil @311MC311 pic.twitter.com/NSjlzrGSha
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) January 13, 2021
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Morning Stretch” and “Chair Yoga.”
One more thing: The Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Week of Service event is approaching, and it will be virtual this year; here’s what you need to know.
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) January 11, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.