Gaithersburg Townhouse Fire Forces Evacuation

Photo courtesy MCFRS

An electrical fire caused Gaithersburg townhome residents to evacuate on Monday but no one was harmed.

The fire occurred at the 500 Block of Odenhal Avenue, near Cedar Springs Street in Gaithersburg. The accident was reported to be caused by an electrical outlet on a first floor landing. Residential sprinklers were deployed, and there was only a light haze as a result of the fire.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue responded to the call.

Water damage to two units was the only lasting impact.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.

About Rachel Clair

Rachel Clair is a Senior at the University of Maryland studying Government and Journalism. She is interning at My MC Media for the spring months before graduation. In the fall, she will attend law school.

Comments

| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter