Glenmont Fire Caused $525,000 in Damages, No Injuries

A fire believed to have started in the kitchen caused massive damage to a home on Munson Street in Glenmont, according to Pete Piringer, spokesperson for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services. No one was injured, but two adults were displaced.

According to tweets from Piringer, an occupant saw sparks on top of a small buffet piece of furniture in the kitchen. The fire grew quickly, because the home contained “excessive storage & accumulation of combustible materials,” Piringer tweeted.

The fire, which began about 11:50 p.m. Jan. 18,  was estimated to cost $525,000 in damages to the two-story structure.

Montgomery County IAFF Local 1664, Montgomery County Career Firefighters, also responded to the blaze. Live power lines fell from the house, and Pepco had to de-energize them.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Suzanne Pollak

About Suzanne Pollak

Suzanne is a freelance reporter with Montgomery Community Media. She has over 35 years professional experience writing for newspapers, magazines, non-profit newsletters and the web.

Comments

| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter