Man, Pet Dog Die After House Fire in Potomac

Updated (3:20 p.m.): In a statement Tuesday, Montgomery County Police said detectives are conducting a death investigation and that no foul play is suspected in Ragheb Abou Zeineddine’s death.


Original (10:50 a.m.): A man and his dog died in a Potomac house fire on Monday, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer said.

Via MCFRS Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer.

Ragheb Abou Zeineddine, 75, was unable to self-evacuate and was transported to a hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, Piringer wrote on Twitter.

MCFRS responded Monday afternoon to a house fire at 1401 Kersey Lane and found Zeineddine unconscious on the second floor. Piringer said he likely died from smoke inhalation. Zeineddine was the only person home; a family pet dog also died.

The smoke alarms in the home were functional, Piringer said.

The area of origin is narrowed down to a basement wall, he said. An electrical outlet is the most likely source, however there are other potential ignition sources. Damage is estimated to be around $210,000.

Write a Comment

Related Articles