The Montgomery County Recreation (MCR) Department extended summer camp programs at select recreation centers to serve families that benefit from the department’s financial assistance program.
Per a release from the county, the following centers will extend camps, to begin Monday, Aug. 9 and Aug. 16:
- East County Community Center (Silver Spring)
- Good Hope Community Center (Silver Spring)
- Mid-County Community Recreation Center (Silver Spring)
- Plum Gar Community Center (Germantown)
- Wheaton Library and Community Recreation Center
- White Oak Community Recreation Center
The programs are meant to offer additional childcare options to communities with the most families eligible for MCR’s financial assistance program: RecAssist. According to the county, RecAssist offers financial aid to residents to use for most recreation activities and memberships.
Residents are eligible for RecAssist if they currently receive assistance from any of the following programs:
- Care for Kids
- Housing assistance from a shelter
- Maryland Energy Assistance
- Maryland Medicaid
- Montgomery County HHS Rental Assistance Program
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA)
Register your child for extended summer programs at the six centers here.
🆕 @MoCoRec is extending summer camp programs at six rec centers to support families who need additional childcare options. The sessions begin Aug. 9 and Aug 16 at the East County, Good Hope, MidCounty, Plum Gar, Wheaton and White Oak rec centers.
📰 ➡ https://t.co/KkkQgucuM6 pic.twitter.com/9JBlwqgo7D
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) July 29, 2021