May 27, 2021 | Maryam Shahzad

Several Families Displaced After Takoma Park Apartment Fire 

Several families were displaced, one firefighter was injured and one dog died in a fire at the Blair Park Gardens Apartments in Takoma Park, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer. MCFRS was dispatched to the apartments on Eastern Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Piringer said. Firefighters found heavy […]

Read more

December 22, 2020 | Maryam Shahzad

About 60 Firefighters Battled House Fire in Silver Spring

About 60 firefighters responded to a house fire on Lorain Avenue in Silver Spring Tuesday morning, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Chief Spokesperson Pete Piringer said. A passerby called 911 around 6 a.m., Piringer said. The house was under renovation and unoccupied, and he said the fire was heavy when firefighters arrived. It […]

Read more

May 22, 2017 | Sonya Burke

UPDATED: Firefighters Investigate School Bus Fire at MCPS Depot

UPDATE 5.22.17 Montgomery County fire and rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer said there is nothing suspicious about the school bus fire at the Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) bus depot at Crabbs Branch Way over the weekend. Piringer said investigators believe the fire was electrical in nature and it may have originated in the dashboard. He […]

Read more

July 14, 2016 | Maureen Chowdhury

Bethesda House Fire Displaces Family, Causes $200,000 in Damage (VIDEO & PHOTOS)

A Bethesda house fire has displaced a family. It happened this afternoon at 6701 Rannoch Road. According Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer, more than 60 firefighters were on scene to assist in putting out a basement fire. Piringer said the cause was electrical in nature. No injuries were reported and one firefighter was transported to […]

Read more

January 12, 2016 | Sonya Burke

Two People Injured at High Rise Fire on Willard Avenue in Chevy Chase

UPDATED Two people were injured in an apartment fire at a high rise apartment building in Chevy Chase on Tuesday evening. Dozens of Montgomery County firefighters responded to the blaze at the Willard Apartments at 4701 Willard Avenue. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire originated on the 16th floor of […]

Read more

December 1, 2015 | Sonya Burke

One Injured in House Fire on Settlers Landing Way in North Potomac

A house fire in North Potomac caused $500,000 in damages on Tuesday morning and sent one of the home’s occupants to a hospital burn unit for smoke inhalation and possible respiratory injuries, according to a county fire official. Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire occurred shortly before 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning […]

Read more

June 28, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Police Investigate Deaths of Mother and Daughter in Chevy Chase

Montgomery County police are investigating the deaths of a 29-year-old mother and her four-year-old daughter at a Chevy Chase home. According to a police account, police and firefighters responded to a report of an electrocution at the residence shortly before 4:30 p.m. in the 8800 block of Connecticut Avenue on Saturday afternoon. Police said the […]

Read more

February 21, 2015 | Sonya Burke

Middlebrook Trailer Park Fire (PHOTOS)

A fire at the Middlebrook Trailer Park in Germantown has displaced four adults and two children and caused an estimated $75,000 in damage, according to a Montgomery County fire official. On his Twitter account, Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire involved the water heater and extended to an area under the […]

Read more

January 11, 2015 | Sonya Burke

House Fire in Silver Spring (PHOTOS)

UPDATED An accidental electrical fire caused approximately $250,000 in damage to a house at 9711 Admiralty Drive in Silver Spring on Sunday. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said nearly 75 firefighters responded to the scene around 9 a.m. on Jan. 11. According to Piringer, there were heavy fire conditions showing when […]

Read more

December 21, 2014 | Sonya Burke

Pool House Fire Causes $100,000 Damage (PHOTOS)

An electrical failure is blamed for a pool house fire that occurred in the 13100 block of Jasmine Hill Terrace overnight, according to a fire department official. Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said firefighters arrived at around 3:45 a.m. to heavy fire conditions at the pool house, which was located at the rear […]

Read more

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter