Here are five things to know in Montgomery County:
1. We Feed People Documentary: Disney+ starts streaming the documentary about Chef José Andrés and his World Central Kitchen today.
2. Outdoor Pools Open: County pools open Saturday at 11 a.m. Pool hours are 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and 3 to 6 p.m. on weekends and Memorial Day from now through June 17.
3. Metro Stations Close: The New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Avenue stations on the Orange Line are closed May 28 through Sept. 5 for platform reconstruction.
4. Take a Hike for Mental Health: Montgomery Parks and the local nonprofit EveryMind are hosting group hikes this month to raise awareness and encourage residents to reach optimal mental wellness and reduce the stigma of mental illness. Saturday’s hike is at the Black Hill Regional Park in Boyds at 10 a.m. Sunday’s Hike takes place from 6 to 8 p.m. at Lake Needwood.
5. Memorial Day: Check before you go Monday as many government facilities are closed. Find the schedule here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.