The heat index may be as high as 105 degrees this afternoon, check the current forecast. Here’s your Friday the 13th edition of the five things you need to know in Montgomery County:
1. First Day of the Fair: The Montgomery County Agricultural Fair opens at 3 p.m. at the fairgrounds in Gaithersburg and runs through Saturday, Aug. 21. MyMCM toured the fairgrounds Thursday, take a look.
2. Maryland Eviction Moratorium: With the Maryland eviction moratorium set to end Sunday, August 15, County Executive Marc Elrich held a news conference Thursday to let renters know they can still apply for rental assistance.
3. Maryland Tax-Free Week: Save some money shopping through Saturday, Aug. 14.
4. Glen Echo Park Band Organ Rally: Glen Echo Park is offering numerous events in celebration of the 100th anniversary of the park’s Dentzel carousel. In partnership with the Carousel Organ Association of America, the band organ rally features numerous band organs Saturday and Sunday. Visitors can obtain a passport book and receive a stamp at each of the organs. RSVP is not required but requested. A small organ concert is scheduled for 2 p.m. each day.
5. Montgomery Parks Picks: The latest Parks Picks celebrates National Dog Month with five things to do with your dog in the parks. And Saturday is the last day to visit the pop up dog park at Elm Street Urban Park.
Spend time with your pooch in our parks! Check out our picks for things to do with your dog while visiting Montgomery Parks: https://t.co/eHMVKOjKub pic.twitter.com/HUQ4uH6jzb
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) August 12, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.