It’s Tuesday, Aug. 2, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Food Distribution: 13 Firstfield Road in Gaithersburg from 2 to 3 p.m. Also, 14500 Layhill Road in Silver Spring from 3 to 6 p.m. Registration required. And, 10700 Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Bring ID and two bags, only for walk-ins.
2. Metro Red Line: Today through Thursday, the Red Line trains will single track between the Silver Spring and Forest Glen stations for scheduled work.
🦉Evening Metro 🔺Red Line🔺 Riders🦉
Starting each after 10:00PM, from Monday, August 1 through Thursday, August 4 @wmata trains will be single tracking between the #silverspringmd and Forest Glen stations, due to leak mitigation work.
Details▶️https://t.co/panOSHXo2Y 📷metro pic.twitter.com/HQuljNWAT5
— MCDOT (@MCDOTNow) August 1, 2022
3. Capital Crescent Trail: Montgomery Parks is doing tree work on the trail between Little Falls Parkway and Bradley Boulevard Tuesday morning. Trail goers should expect occasional and brief shutdowns.
4. National Night Out: National Night Out is an annual event celebrated by millions of people across the United States that focuses on enhancing the relationship between law enforcement and communities. Click below for more information about celebrations close to home:
5. Family Movie Night at Long Branch: Come out to the Long Branch library tonight to watch the Disney and Pixar movie Luca from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Masks are required for participants ages 5 and up.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.