Today is Monday, Dec. 13 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Montgomery County Planning, Housing and Economic Development Committee and Board Meetings: The PHED committee will hold a virtual meeting today at 10:30 a.m. to review ZTA 21-06, Exemptions – Density Transfer and Historic Resources and ZTA 21-07, Density and Height Allocation – Development with Moderately Priced Dwelling Units. If passed, the legislation would “establish a new residential lot exemption for properties containing a historic resource that is protected from development by a density transfer and allow a greater residential density in certain housing development projects if 100 percent of the units are income-restricted for at least 30 years,” according to a Montgomery County press release. There will also be a Planning Board meeting at 7 p.m. to discuss attainable housing strategy recommendations.
Join our virtual meeting on December 13 to learn about the Planning Board’s Attainable Housing Strategies recommendations.
☑️ View the draft report of the Board's recommendations: https://t.co/Oi8Zb9RWhX
— Montgomery Planning (@montgomeryplans) December 3, 2021
2. Montgomery County Council President Gabe Albornoz and Vice President Evan Glass Media Availability Session: Today at 11:30 a.m. Albornoz and Glass will discuss the Public Safety Committee’s recent briefing with the Montgomery County Police Department on crime trends in the County as well as efforts to bolster the mental health and well-being of students in the Montgomery County public school system. The public can watch the session via the Council’s Facebook page.
3. Dedicated Bus Lanes Introduction: County Executive Marc Elrich and the Montgomery County Department of Transportation will hold an event today at 11 a.m. at the Germantown Transit Center to discuss details about the new dedicated bus lanes in Germantown that have been painted red.
— mococommuter (@mococommuter) December 10, 2021
4. Santa’s Coming to Town: The Volunteer Fire Department and Santa Claus will be driving through Damascus today to spread some holiday cheer.
Did you know that when the reindeer are on vacay, #Santa travels by fire truck? Rockville & Germantown starting this week; Sandy Spring 12/18; Kensington 12/15; Hyattstown 12/17; Cabin John Park 12/6; Hillandale 12/10; Damascus 12/13; Upper Montgomery 12/19; Laytonsville 12/12 pic.twitter.com/rJIxs3dLAW
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) December 8, 2021
5. Thrive Montgomery Listening Session: The Thrive Montgomery 2050 listening session has been rescheduled for Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. The Council is encouraging both those who have not heard of the plan before and those who have been following the plan to review the draft and provide feedback. Those who are unable to speak at the session can still submit testimonies online or through the mail.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.