It’s Thursday, Dec. 9 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Council Meetings: Today the Council hosts a Government Operations & Fiscal Policy Committee Meeting and Transportation & Environment Committee Meeting. To see the complete agenda click here.
All Committee meetings are televised live on County Cable Montgomery, except those indicated below that are streaming live at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/ondemand/index.html
2. Public Hearing: The Montgomery County Planning Board will hold a public hearing for the Corridor Forward: I-270 Transit Plan. Residents are invited to testify at the hearing in person (if vaccinated) or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
Last chance to sign up to testify at the Planning Board’s Public Hearing on the Corridor Forward: I-270 Transit Plan. The Public Hearing is on Dec. 9 at 6:30 p.m.!
— Montgomery Planning (@montgomeryplans) December 8, 2021
3. College Admissions: What You Need To Know. In this program, you will learn when to begin preparing for college, how to select the best college for you, college admission criteria/application components, financial aid options, what parents can do to assist with the process, and more. This program requires registration.
This is an indoor event at the Wheaton Library from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
4. Oak Chapel UM Hub Food Distribution: Drive-thru food distribution every Thursday from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at 14500 Layhill Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20906. Case Manager available to assist the public with Social services; Government assistance; SNAP/Food stamp; Mental health; COVID-19 testing and vaccination; Community clinic; Emergency rental and utilities assistance; Immigration information; Foreclosure prevention; Health insurance.
For appointment or walk-in contact Alejandra at 202-642-5316 or email@example.com
5. Garden of Lights: More than one million dazzling and colorful LED lights are handwoven into original works depicting animals, flowers, and other natural elements. Brookside Gardens is located at 1800 Glenallan Avenue Wheaton, MD 20902 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.