Today is Monday, Jan. 24 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Schools Closed: There is no school for MCPS students today and it is a professional day for teachers.
2. Council President Albornoz and Vice President Glass Media Brief: Montgomery County Council President Gabe Albornoz and Vice President Evan Glass will host a discussion today at 11:45 a.m. about the Board of Health regulations for proof of vaccination, indoor masking while in public and several other topics. Information on how to view the meeting can be found in this press release.
3. Senior Planet Montgomery Hosts Free Online Classes: Starting today, Senior Planet Montgomery is hosting free classes on food delivery apps, Twitter and several other topics through Jan. 28, according to a press release. Visit the Senior Planet website to register for any of the classes.
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) January 21, 2022
4. Metropolitan Washington Restaurant Week: Participating restaurants in the county will offer multi-course dinner menus for $40 or $55 per person today. Some of the restaurants that participated this week are All Set Restaurant & Grill, The Capital Grill, Founding Farmers, Lia’s, The Melting Pot, Owen’s Ordinary and Spanish Diner. More information on the event can be found here.
5. Know Your Rights-Young Scholars Program: The Maryland Commission on Civil Rights is hosting a training series tomorrow for teens and young adults in areas with employment, housing and public accommodations discrimination. The sessions will teach participants how to identify different types of housing discrimination and to know their rights to fair housing. More information on the sessions can be viewed here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.