Today is Tuesday, Jan. 26 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Winter Weather Advisory: Montgomery County is under a winter weather advisory this morning until 10 a.m. Remember to drive safely if you’re commuting.
2. Council in Session: The Montgomery County Council meets virtually at 9:30 a.m. Here’s a look at the agenda for the meeting. The meeting will be televised on County Cable Montgomery Channels Comcast HD 996 and SD6, RCN HD 1056 and SD 6, and Verizon 30. Additionally, it will be live-streamed on the council’s Facebook and Youtube channel
3. COVID-19 Testing: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at eight testing sites today. The schedule of clinics may be found here.
4. Food Resources: There will be an Upcounty drive-thru food distribution from 2 to 3:30 p.m. at Germantown Elementary School. More information is in the tweet below:
An Upcounty food distribution event is scheduled for 2 p.m. tomorrow (Jan. 26) at Germantown Elementary School. For more information about food assistance in Montgomery County, visit the County's website: https://t.co/pVD1CO3zf6. @NourishNow @BlackRockCenter pic.twitter.com/wZZ1AroclY
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) January 25, 2021
5. Updated CDC Guidelines: Starting today, anyone traveling to the United States from a foreign country is required to get a coronavirus test at least three days before traveling. Click here for more information from the CDC.
Starting Jan 26th: Before you fly to the US from a foreign country, get tested for COVID-19 no more than 3 days before travel. You must show your negative COVID-19 viral test results or documentation of recovery to the airline to board your flight. More: https://t.co/DJ87L5TRNw. pic.twitter.com/aM04WN9YY7
— CDC (@CDCgov) January 22, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.