Today is Thursday, July 15, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Maryland Tax Filing Deadline: Today is the deadline to file Maryland income tax returns. While returns are normally due on April 15, this year the state extended the deadline three months.
2. School Board Meets: The MCPS Board of Education meets today starting at 9 a.m. for a closed session until 12:30 p.m. The meeting continues until 5 p.m. The agenda may be found here.
3. Planning Board Meets: The Montgomery Planning Board meets today from 9 a.m. to 2:55 p.m. with a full agenda. The meeting will be streamed live.
Tomorrow at the Planning Board:
– 2021 Travel Monitoring Report
– Two Zoning Text Amendments
— Montgomery Planning (@montgomeryplans) July 14, 2021
4. Yappy Hour: Bring your furry family member for an evening of live music and pop-up dog park tonight from 6 to 8 p.m. at Elm Street Urban Park in Bethesda.
We are PAWS-itively excited about Yappy Hour Thursday, 6 pm to 8 pm, at Elm Street Urban Park!
Snap on the leash and bring your furry family member for an evening of live music and pop-up dog park, as well as food, beer, and wine from local restaurants: https://t.co/oTawnWJQSh. pic.twitter.com/YircN04Mbp
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) July 14, 2021
5. Outdoor Summer Concert: Tonight at 5:30 p.m., the duo of Eli Levi and Megan Leigh is performing at a pop-up park at Grand Park Avenue and Market Street in Rockville.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.