It’s Wednesday, July 20, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Hyperthermia Alert: Montgomery County is under a Hyperthermia Alert from noon until 7 p.m.
A Hyperthermia Alert has been issued for Montgomery County for Wednesday, 7/20/2022 from 12 noon until 7 PM. A Hyperthermia Alert is issued for Montgomery County when temperatures and/or heat indices are forecast to reach 95 degrees or higher. #MDWX pic.twitter.com/tStbP4yrmL
— Montgomery Co OEMHS (@ReadyMontgomery) July 19, 2022
2. In-Person Storytelling: At 11 a.m., families can bring their children to join Janice the Griot for folktales at Wheaton Library. It will take place in the second-floor Social Hall.
Join Janice the Griot for folktales about those who live in & near the water, at Wheaton Library, Wed. 7/20 11am, in the Social Hall on the 2nd floor. More @ https://t.co/XopvAVOXri #OceansofPossibilities #SummerReadingChallenge https://t.co/kBSxVSqTPc pic.twitter.com/b8EtUbS3d3
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) July 19, 2022
3. Drive-Thru Food Distribution: Stop by Watkins Mill Elementary School from 1-2:30 p.m. to receive boxed groceries in your car.
— The Upcounty Hub (@UpCountyHub) July 19, 2022
4. Park Community Meeting: At 7 p.m., Montgomery Parks invites residents to a virtual community meeting to discuss the development of a proposed dog park at Willard Avenue Neighborhood Park in Bethesda. Access the Zoom link here.
Join us for the virtual Community Meeting on Wednesday, July 20, 7 pm, to talk about the development of a dog park at Willard Avenue Neighborhood Park in Bethesda. Join us to learn about the project and share your ideas.
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) July 19, 2022
5. ICYMI: Tuesday was Primary Election Day. Final election results will not be released until mid-August according to the County but residents can expect to see partial results.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.