Today is Wednesday, July 7 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Weekly County COVID-19 Briefing: County Executive Marc Elrich, County Health Officer Dr. Travis Gayles and Emergency Management Director Dr. Earl Stoddard will hold their weekly media briefing at 12:30 p.m. You can watch live on MCM channels 21 and 995 (HD), County Cable Montgomery and on the county’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
💻 @MontCoExec Marc Elrich will meet with reporters virtually tomorrow (Wednesday, July 7) at 12:30 p.m. to provide #COVID19 updates. Watch the media briefing live on the County's Facebook page and @CountyCableMoCo.
Details ➡ https://t.co/zfqWGwD2Yc.@ReadyMontgomery @MoCoDHHS pic.twitter.com/Tdwy5vPIXX
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) July 6, 2021
2. Governor COVID-19 Announcement: At 1 p.m., Gov. Larry Hogan is scheduled to make a COVID-19 vaccine announcement at the University of Maryland in College Park.
3. COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics: Vaccines are available for residents ages 12 and up at numerous locations. Find the schedule of clinics online here. Appointments are available online or by email and residents may also walk in without an appointment.
Vax update! As of today, more than 707,500 @MontgomeryCoMD residents have received their first dose of the #COVID19 vaccine, and more than 642,500 are fully vaccinated. #GoVaxMontgomery ➡ https://t.co/7OtFV6PLX9 pic.twitter.com/u9ivr42Tal
— County Exec Marc Elrich (@MontCoExec) July 6, 2021
4. Popsicle Pitstop: Get a free frosty treat at the Montgomery Park’s Popsicle Pitstop at Wheaton Regional Park from 10 a.m.-noon and at Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreational Park from 1-3 p.m.
FREE frosty treats at our Popsicle Pitstop Wednesday, July 7, at Wheaton Regional Park (near the playground), 10 am to 12 pm, and at Martin Luther King, Jr. Recreational Park (at the swim center), 1 pm to 3 pm: https://t.co/3YgRTPAJkk.#OurParkAndRecStory #MoCoParks pic.twitter.com/bGaZycvJbF
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) July 6, 2021
5. Senior Planet Montgomery: Senior Planet Montgomery continues to offer free Zoom classes to senior residents. Today’s classes include “Mindfulness Apps” and “Internet of Things: Smart Homes.”
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.