It’s Thursday, March 10 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Hypothermia Alert: A Hypothermia Alert is issued for the County. That means temperatures, and/or wind chill, in at least part of the County, will fall below 32 degrees -a hazardous situation where hypothermia and frostbite could occur. The alert has been issued for today from 2:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
A #HypothermiaAlert has been issued for Montgomery County for tomorrow (March 10) from 2 a.m. until 9 a.m. Expect the wind chill to be below 32 deg. Wear layers if you go outside and take extra precautions ➡️ https://t.co/cwmxGqfp81. @ReadyMontgomery pic.twitter.com/UwSxGSQjED
— Montgomery County MD (@MontgomeryCoMD) March 9, 2022
2. Montgomery County Council: Committee meetings today, starting at 9:30 a.m.
Click here to see the full agenda.
All Committee meetings are televised live on County Cable Montgomery, streaming live at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/ondemand/index.html Videos are archived and available on-demand 24 hours after the meeting concludes.
3. Montgomery College: Free Workshop today at 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
You’re invited to a free African Manding Drumming Workshop, presented by world-renowned musician @KouyateAmadou 150th generation Manding Djali.
• #MontgomeryCollege Rockville Campus • March 10 • 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. • Register at https://t.co/QdIxEHcTfq pic.twitter.com/uZdTqZHyw5
— Montgomery College (@montgomerycoll) March 5, 2022
More information and to register click here.
4. Healthy Organic Lawn Event: Learn how to maintain an organic lawn without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, understand soil health, and discuss organic soil amendments with Mary Travaglini of the Montgomery County Department of Environmental Protection. The virtual event happens at 7:00 p.m.
On March 10 at 7 pm, learn how to maintain an organic lawn without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, understand soil health, and discuss organic soil amendments with Mary Travaglini, Organic Lawn Care Manager. #MoCoLawns #OrganicLawnCare
— Montgomery County Dept of Environmental Protection (@MyGreenMC) March 7, 2022
To register click here.
5. Food Distribution: Drive-thru food distribution every Thursday from 11:00am – 1:00pm. at 14500 Layhill Rd., Silver Spring, MD 20906.
Case Managers are available to assist the public with social services, government assistance, SNAP/Food stamp, mental health, COVID-19 testing and vaccination, community clinic, emergency rental and utilities assistance; immigration information; foreclosure prevention, and health insurance.
For appointment or walk-in contact Alejandra at 202-642-5316 or firstname.lastname@example.org
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.