Today is Tuesday, March 30, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Maryland Enters Vaccine Phase 2B: Maryland moves into vaccine phase 2B starting today, meaning residents ages 16+ with underlying medical conditions can sign up to preregister for the COVID-19 vaccine.
2. County COVID-19 Testing Clinics: Free COVID-19 testing is available throughout the county at 10 testing sites today. Health officials continue to stress the importance of testing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
3. Women’s History Month: Women’s History Month is almost over. Check out this MyMCM story for ideas about women-owned businesses you can support in the Rockville area.
4. New Brookside Gardens Exhibit: Montgomery Parks’ Brookside Gardens in Wheaton opened an exhibit called “Middle Eastern American Artists in the Garden and Beyond.” The exhibit is open through April 29. Click below to learn more.
5. Celebrate Beverly Cleary: Beloved children’s author Beverly Cleary died at 104 on March 25. If you have a Montgomery County Public Libraries card, here’s how you can celebrate her works of literature:
As we celebrate #BeverlyCleary this weekend, many of her #ebooks & #audiobooks are immediately available @ Hoopla. Voices like @ActuallyNPH @wongbd & Stockard Channing bring Ramona, Beezus, Henry & Ralph & the rest to life. Get your digital card @ https://t.co/GvUD5NOEa4 pic.twitter.com/h6NMCctu4R
— mcpl_Libraries (@MCPL_Libraries) March 27, 2021
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.