It’s Thursday, May 5 and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Montgomery County Council: Committee meetings today.
Click here to see the full agenda.
All Committee meetings are televised live on County Cable Montgomery, streaming live at http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/council/ondemand/index.html Videos are archived and available on-demand 24 hours after the meeting concludes.
2. Health in County: Montgomery County’s Department of Health and Human Services will host a virtual town hall from 3:30-5 p.m. to focus on the status of health in the community.
Join us on May 5 for a virtual town hall on community health. The town hall will include an overview of Public Health Services’ recently released Health in Montgomery County 2010-2019: A Surveillance Report on Population Health.
— Montgomery County DHHS (@MoCoDHHS) May 2, 2022
More information and registration click here.
3. Planning Board: Meeting today starting at 9:00 a.m.
Here’s what’s on the agenda for the Planning Board meeting on May 5:
✔️ Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Grant Project: Briefing
✔️ Iglesia Vida Nueva Church: Preliminary Plan
✔️ Staff Draft of 2022 Wheaton Regional Park Master Plan
— Montgomery Planning (@montgomeryplans) May 3, 2022
See the agenda here.
4. Washington DC Temple: Open to the public today for tours until June 11.
For more information click here.
5. Salsa in the Park: Salsa dance will be showcased at this free, family-friendly monthly event series hosted by Montgomery Parks at North Four Corners Local Park from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Hey, Silver Spring! Salsa in the Park is two weeks away! Come dancing at North Four Corners Park on Thursday, May 5, 5 pm to 8 pm.
— Montgomery Parks (@MontgomeryParks) May 3, 2022
This event is free and open to all ages, no registration is required.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.