Today is Monday, Oct. 11, and here are five things to know in Montgomery County.
1. Indigenous People’s Day: The federal government is on holiday today. The county’s Ride On bus service will operate the regular weekday schedule.
2. Sligo Creek Trail Tree Removal: Montgomery Parks’ crew start a four-week project to remove dead or dying trees along Sligo Creek Parkway today. Work will take place Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Visitors should expect intermittent road and trail closures during the project.
3. Council Media Briefing: Council President Tom Hucker and Vice President Gabe Albornoz will hold a media briefing today at 11 a.m. to discuss topics the Council will address during their Tuesday meeting. . Public Health Emergency Preparedness Manager Sean O’Donnell will provide a COVID-19 update. The briefing will be streamed on the Council’s Facebook here.
4. Municipal Monday: The Mayor and Council of Gaithersburg meet virtually at 7:30 p.m. for a work session. The agenda may be found here.
5. Something to Ponder: This Vox video explores racism and attempts to answer the question “How Racist Am I?” and is the first episode in Vox’s season two of Glad You Asked which may be found on YouTube here.
And as a reminder to our loyal readers…Find the latest coronavirus news updates in Montgomery County here.